Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

White Hot Chocolate

Alright, so I foolishly bought one of those pre packaged white hot chocolate mixes. The other day when we finally had some crisp enough fall whether I had my heart set on a nice big mug. And you know what, it tasted like CRAP. It tasted like regular hot chocolate, just white in color. For someone who LOVES white chocolate, it made for a huge disappointment. So, I thought perhaps I could make some myself with the white chocolate chips I already had. We don't, however, usually carry regular milk in the house unless it's for the little one. I did, however, have a nice big carton of vanilla almond milk. Let me just tell you, the MOST AMAZING HOT CHOCOLATE EVER... well, white hot chocolate.



I used 2 cups of vanilla almond milk, and 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips. Put them in a sauce pan over med-low heat and stirred occasionally with my whisk until the chips were melted. Let's just talk about the mouthgasm that came from that.

I'm excited to put some peppermint extract in it and see what happens but, for all you looking for a killer recipe? This is it. And, bonus, the almond milk is a little lighter in weight so it doesn't sit as heavy. I definitely see this becoming a Christmas morning thing every year. As well as my new go to for a good book or mindless tv show drink at the end of my night.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment