Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Amazing, and simple, Eggnog Cream Pie

Okay, seriously, this is everything Christmas in my mouth, all at once.  It's fantastic in a way I can't even tell you.  I stumbled across this blog post earlier today, courtesy of pinterest.  I pondered for about 30 seconds on whether to make it or not.  And, because I am a lover of all things eggnog, I made out the grocery list and was ready to go the minute L woke up from her nap.



Now, you'll have to fogive the fact that I didn't make this with regular eggnog.  Truthfully, it's been so long since I've had just plain eggnog I don't even really remember exactly what it tastes like.  Seriously, have any of you tried this stuff?  It's Christmas crack!

So, I just followed her directions, as follows.

Ingredients:
1 frozen pastry shell
1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
2 1-oz boxes of vanilla sugar free/fat free instant pudding
2 3/4 cups eggnog (though in my case I used the sugar cookie eggnog shown above
1 tablespoon powdered sugar 
Ground nutmeg (for garnish)

Preheat oven and cook pie shell according to its directions.  Make sure you cool before filling.

Place cold shipping cream in a bowl and beat it until stiff peaks form.  Chill until ready to use.

Place pudding mix and eggnog in a large bowl.  (Essentially, you'll be replacing the milk amount that it calls for, for eggnog.  So, in the event your pudding recipe calls for something different, just use the amount specified for milk for your eggnog)  Stir until no lumps remain.  Fold in 1 cup of the prepared whipped cream, and pour mixture into pie crust.

Fold powdered sugar into remaining whipped cream and spread on the top of the pie (or use a pastry bag).  Sprinkle with freshly ground nutmeg (though I used cinnamon). Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.


And this, ladies and gentleman, is the finished product.  It tastes so deliciously amazing.  This will easily become a holiday favorite in our household, and it's a GREAT, and unique, dish to bring to a party since it's so easy to make.  Hope you enjoy!  I love when a pinterest find turns out to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment