Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Candy Free Easter Basket for a 1 year old

Alright ladies and gents, it's one of the several times of year where store isles are LINED with candy in preparation for celebrating yet another holiday.  As if we don't have an obesity problem enough in this country, let's add to it be pushing candy for a different holiday each month it seems. Having a 1 year old, I would LOVE to let her partake in the typical Easter celebration, however I'm not real fond of shoving candy in her face.  So, I set out over the past few weeks to put together an Easter basket that is candy free, and I think I've come up with a pretty spectacular one without spending an arm and a leg.  The entire thing, basket included, cost me $21.99 and tax.  So, let's get started, shall we?



First stop, our wonderful local Dollar Tree.  It's amazing the holiday stuff you can find on the cheap there!  And for kids?  They can't tell the difference if it's a $1 toy or $10 toy!


So, at the dollar tree we scored her super cute purple Easter basket, bubbles, an Alice in Wonderland board book, a 3 pack of necklaces, some Disney princess double ended crayons, stickers, a super soft ducky stuffed animal and a pink squishy ball.  And, not pictured, some Easter colored tissue paper to line the basket with because I DO NOT want to clean up "grass."  However, they had grass there too if you wanted it.  Each item, $1.  Grand total? $9 and tax!










Next stop?  BJ's Wholesale.  This wasn't intentional, but I always love finding more bed time themed books for her.  A whopping $6.99 but I'm sure you could find another book for less.

And lastly, Target.  I love that they have holiday stuff located right at the entrance, usually for dirt cheap, and often time things that attract children.  2 headbands, L loves them but I can never justify paying 5 bucks for something she won't even wear!  1 faux pearl necklace, and some super cute coloring rings!  All items except for coloring rings?  $1.  The crayons, $3


So, there we have it!  Candy free, all items my daughter is going to get foolishly excited about, NO paper grass that I'll find in my home for the next 3 months hidden in and clinging under furniture.  For her first Easter basket, I'd say she made out like a bandit!


No comments:

Post a Comment