Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chicken Taco Chili

So tonight was a new recipe night.  Coming to the tale end of pregnancy and I've decided that cooking nightly just doesn't appeal.  So, a large batch of something in the crock pot that I can reheat throughout the week is definitely where it's at.  Tonight's recipe was Chicken Taco Chili, found here.

Most definitely pretty amazing.  I made it without the chili peppers...my heart burn thanks me for it.  And I opted out of the cilantro.  Once it was done though, I did add some cheese, sour cream, and crushed up tortilla chips.  I used 4 chicken breast instead of 3 since mine came in 2 packs.  Hindsight...3 is definitely the limit, otherwise make sure you add some extra corn and beans.  I also think next time around I'll add some lime juice for some flavor since I opted out of the chili peppers or cayenne.  All in all though, crazy awesome, and super easy if you use frozen corn, frozen diced onion, and I even put the chicken breast in frozen.  How wrong can you go with that?  No thawing, no dicing, no precooking... I think the hardest thing I did was measure 1 TBSP of each of the 2 spices.  And at 10 hours on low you can SO throw it in first thing in the morning and have dinner ready by the time you get home from your daily activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment