Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Slow Cooker Upside Down Chicken Pot Pie

You'll find the recipe here.

I used chicken breast instead of chicken thigh as I'm not a fan of thigh meat, or any meat that's still on the bone really.  I used 4 breast (that were thawed), and cooking on low after 8 hours I was able to pull the chicken to shred it, put it back in with the gravy and added the vegetables.  The chicken to veggie ratio, in my opinion, was a little off.  If you had used 3 breast with the 12 oz bag of veggies you'd probably be okay, my suggestion would be to use 2 bags of veggies with 4 chicken breast since for such a small additional cost and no additional time to cook you could make a much heftier batch to use with some left overs.  I have yet to make the biscuits to put in with it, but I think some awesome brown and serves would go well with this if you wanted to avoid biscuits from scratch.  Otherwise perhaps some Pillsbury crescent rolls or grands flaky biscuits would go pretty well with it also.

Total time for prep was 10-15 minutes so easy enough to put on in the morning when you're on your way out the door.  If you'll be home all day though be warned, your house is going to smell like Thanksgiving amazingness from the chicken and gravy going.  Yummmmm.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy about your precious baby being born in
    November, baby Lyla! :-)Enjoy your family!!!
    Thank you for sharing your recipe, I am looking forward to trying it. From San Antonio, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! 9 months later but, I'm pretty happy about it too! Life got a little crazy, but I'm finally back and starting to get in the swing of normal life rather than purely babycentric life. I can't wait to share all the recipes, toys, and other things I've stumbled upon and tried out while I was away with everyone!

    ReplyDelete