Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Solutions, how I love them

I'm back!!!  It only took close to 9 months.  The saving grace?  I now have a blogger app on my ipod touch.  That means when Lyla goes down for a nap and I'm stuck next to her because she's been sleeping terribly and needs as long of a nap as possible, I can still be sort of productive!  Thank goodness!!!  Anyway, here we go.  I have recipes, organization tricks, and some pretty neat craft ideas WAY backed up to talk about.  And with fall around the corner and an itch to cook everything pumpkin and apple all over again...we should be set with some materials for quite a while.  Sorry about dropping off the face of the earth, turns out having a kid is a bit time consuming!



So, today I tackled the little ones closet. We're not only getting ready to change seasons, but also sizes. Needless to say I have clothes cycling through left and right currently. Rather than keep piles on the floor, or even a bin on the floor that my daughter will undoubtedly find a way to dump out all over her floor, I used 2 wicker baskets I had lying around. I pinned a label to each of too big or too small, and then placed them both at the top of her closet. Now, as I'm putting laundry away I can toss it into its respective basket and then deal with packing the too small stuff away once the basket is filled. And the too big stuff is easily accessible for when we need that pair of jeans on the crisp fall days to come.




Also, in my irritation of trying to hang the hoodies, I grabbed a large hook screw from our hardware stash and screwed it into the wall in the side of the closet. There's nothing worse than trying to zip, button, or tie little clothing while trying to keep the hanger in place. This way I can quickly hang it on the hook, fasten what needs fastening, and then hang it up!





No comments:

Post a Comment