Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hello Autumn, Hello Blank Canvas!

I made the first batch of apple crisp today, my house smells amazing and it's made me crave autumn to arrive in full force more than ever!

Something about this time of year excites me to no extreme.  Perhaps it's the cooler weather offering a reprieve from August's heat.  Perhaps it's the changing of the leaves, or just the fact that every change of season seems to present itself like a blank canvas.



There's nothing better than feeling like you have a fresh start.  Perhaps it's trading in your summer tank tops and flip flops for jeans and boots.  Maybe it's the fact that the summer landscape leads its way perfectly fort the beauty and colors of fall.  Maybe it's because that's the first few signs of the new year, when everyone resolves to make life change, to make life better.  Maybe it's the clean air that's not polluted by summer's humidity.  Who knows why it feels like a clean slate, but it does.  And I intend full well to take advantage of it.

Aside from the overflowing amount of pins on my pinterest fall baking board to try out in the next few months, my to do list is pretty short and simple.  ...However the tasks to accomplish those is quite a different story.

My goals for this time next year?

Drop the baby weight.

I've found an amazing free app for my ipod, called "lose it."  It makes tracking my food and my calories so ridiculously easy that I'd dare to say there's no need to even consider joining weight watchers.  I can use my camera on my ipod and scan any barcode for food, enter the number of servings I've had, and BAM...it tracks those calories.  It has restaurant menu's, it has the ability to enter in your own foods and copy them with ease to different days.  If, like me, you batch cook for the week so your breakfast, lunch, and dinners are the same for the week...then it really is a no brainier. You enter your starting weight and goal end weight, select how much to lose per week and it does the calorie math for you! If you exercise and put in what you did, it will allow you more calories that day. When you start losing weight and update it, it will reevaluate how many calories you should be consuming to continue your weight loss goals automatically. For free, you can't go too wrong with this app.

I resolve to become a happier person. Part of that will come with body change, and part of that will come elsewhere. I've had a lot thrown at me this past year aside from just mommy hood and it's shaken my foundations a little. I need to devote done time to me end getting them fixed over this next year so my daughter can grow up with parents who are emotionally healthy end in a home she can always be secure in. I don't want her remembering that her mom was miserable and no fun while growing up. So, I need to get my head back in the game and deal with some things.

I need to get organized! Don't get me wrong, I'm an obsessively organized person. But, the year plus of baby brain sorta threw my OCD for a loop. Plus, we need to continue to downsize!!! With moving from a home we owned on the west coast to a 4 bedroom Victorian on the easy coast, and then into a 2 bedroom apartment so we didn't have to pay heat during the new England winters with a newborn...we just have too much. I have 2 storage units filled with stuff. And since we'll never be moving back in to the west coast house, I can start to deal with getting rid of it. If I need it again once we get settled somewhere permanent and buy a home, I can go buy it knowing it will work in my house for a long time. So, I'm ready to let 90% of our stuff in storage go.

I know it's a bit early to be talking new years resolutions but... Who ever ends up sticking to their resolutions anyway??? Besides, to wait 4 months means that's 4 months of working against myself when I already know my goals. Why not start now???

And lastly I had a goal to start journaling again. But, truthfully, I like blogging better anyway so, this will suffice for the time being.

What motivates y'all? What are you most excited about for autumn? What about for the new year??

No comments:

Post a Comment